If an employee attempts to re-enroll an Apple Business Manager-enrolled device before archiving the device in the Fleetsmith Admin Console, they will receive a, "New profile does not meet criteria to replace the existing profile" error message.
Luckily, this is easy to fix! 🔧✨
If an employee encounters this error during enrollment:
1. Log into the Fleetsmith web app and click "Devices" in the left column.
2. Search for the device in question and click the device's computer name.
3. On the device's page, click "Archive device" in the right column under Management.
4. Follow the prompts to archive the device.
5. After the device is successfully archived, have the employee download a brand new `mobileconfig` file from the Enrollment Portal and try again. (Please note: A previously downloaded MDM profile will not work.)