Mobile Device Management (MDM) is Apple’s official protocol for sending device management commands to managed devices. Setup is easy and only takes a couple of minutes. 😊 By setting up MDM for your Fleetsmith Managed devices you unlock the ability to:
- Remotely lock devices
- Remotely delete devices
- Automatically whitelist kernel extensions
⚡️ IMPORTANT! If you are migrating to Fleetsmith from another MDM provider, please make sure to properly remove existing MDM profiles (if present) on your devices.
Ready to set up MDM? Awesome!
To get started, in the Fleetsmith web app click the "Getting Started" button in the left column. Then, click the "Set up MDM" option:
On the next page, MDM set up will be broken down into 6 steps:
1. Download the Fleetsmith CSR:
2. Sign into http://identity.apple.com/pushcert with the Apple account you will set up a Push Certificate with.
⚡️IMPORTANT!: The Apple Push Certificate you create needs to stay active as long as you use Fleetsmith. Use an Apple ID that can be used in the future to renew the Push Certificate. If your Push Certificate expires or is revoked—you will need to re-enroll your Fleetsmith enrolled devices.
3. Once logged into the Apple Push Certificates Portal, click the "Create a Certificate" button:
4. Follow the directions to upload the Fleetsmith CSR:
5. Download the Apple Push Certificate. (Need extra help? Visit How to create a Push Certificate with Apple.)
6. Finally, upload the Apple Push Certificate to Fleetsmith: