In the unfortunate event that a macOS device is permanently lost or stolen, a Fully Managed device can be remotely erased.
⚡️ IMPORTANT! Once you issue the "Erase device" command you cannot take it back. All content and settings will be erased when the device connects to the internet. It will no longer be managed by Fleetsmith and will be moved to archived devices. ⚡️
To wipe a Fully Managed Fleetsmith device:
1. Log into the Fleetsmith web app.
2. Click "Devices".
3. Click on the device you'd like to remotely wipe.
4. In the upper right hand corner of the individual device's page, click "Erase device".
5. Follow the prompts to erase the device.
6. After you issue the "Erase device" command, you will need a PIN to unlock it. (This is a security measure.) You can retrieve the PIN in the Fleetsmith web app by going to "Devices" > "Archived" > and click on the device's name. Under the "Overview" tab there should be a Device status with an option to "Show PIN".
7. After the erase is complete, you can reinstall the macOS via the Recovery Partition.