In the unfortunate event that a macOS device is permanently lost or stolen, a Fully Managed device can be remotely erased.
⚡️ IMPORTANT! Once you issue the "Erase device" command you cannot take it back. All content and settings will be erased when the device connects to the internet. It will no longer be managed by Fleetsmith and will be moved to archived devices. ⚡️
To wipe a Fully Managed Fleetsmith device:
1. Log into the Fleetsmith Admin Console.
2. Click Devices.
3. Click on the device you'd like to remotely wipe.
4. On the left hand side, click the Erase button.
5. Follow the prompts in the pop up to erase the device.
6. After you issue the Erase command, you will need a PIN to unlock the device (this is a security measure). You can retrieve the PIN in the Admin Console by navigating to Devices > Archived > and clicking on the device's name. Under the Inventory section there will be a Device status with the option to Show PIN.
7. After the erase is complete and the PIN has been entered, you will see a black screen with a symbol of a circle with a line through it - this means it has been successfully erased and that you can reinstall the macOS via the Recovery Partition - Apple's instructions can be found here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904