A SCEP error message during enrollment is frequently caused by the
mobileconfig file being run more than once. This can be fixed by:
1. Download a fresh Fleetsmith
mobileconfig file from the Enrollment Portal. (Please note: Each .mobileconfig file is only good for one use. An already downloaded
mobileconfig file will not work. Please download a new one.)
2. Reinstall the file, careful not to double click on the file or any of the prompts.
3. Approve the device when they check into Fleetsmith. (Replace any duplicate devices with the new one if needed.)
However in some cases a device can experience issues enrolling with Fleetsmith if:
- The device is on an older version of macOS or OSX
- There is something on the network level blocking the connection (like an antivirus, firewall, proxy, or VPN, or SSL inspection.)
To rule out an older OS version or something on the network layer:
- Manually upgrade the device to the latest version of macOS.
- Connect the device to a hotspot or tether it to a mobile phone. Download a new .mobileconfig file from the Enrollment Portal (do not reuse an already downloaded file) and try enrolling the device once more.
If the device is still unable to enroll with Fleetsmith after trying the steps above, please submit a support ticket to email@example.com with the:
- Device's serial number
- Current macOS version
And we'll be happy to take a look!