When a device is enrolled with Fleetsmith as a "Fully Managed" device, two things happen:
- A Fleetsmith agent is installed on the device
- A Fleetsmith MDM profile is installed on the device
The following steps should be taken when re-provisioning a device:
- Archive the device in the Fleetsmith Admin Console
- Wipe and re-install macOS on the device. Be sure to erase your disk before re-installing macOS by following these instructions from Apple support: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904.
- If the device is not a DEP device, you can enroll the device via your enrollment portal.
⚠️ If any type data transferring services will be run on the device (i.e. Time Machine backup/restore, Migration Assistant, Mac to Mac transfer, etc) the "MDM Configuration" profile MUST be removed from the device as well. ⚠️
🔧 The "MDM Configuration" profile can be found on the physical device via "System Preferences" > "Profile". Failure to remove it could result in a bad enrollment state when using migration tools.