Here is the best practice when re-provisioning a Fleetsmith DEP device:
1. Wipe and re-image the device as you normally would.
2. After the wipe/re-image, the device should check into the Fleetsmith web app as a "Pending" device. Approve the "Pending" device and assign it to the appropriate User/Profile.
3. On the device, start the Setup Assistant process. Be sure to connect the device to a stable Internet connection.
4. Follow the prompts to set up the device. You should come across a "Configuration Available...This Mac will be configured automatically by "Fleetsmith" screen. Follow the prompts to allow DEP to set up the device. (Please Note: Automatic account creation is not available for re-provisioned DEP machines at this time—only brand new DEP machines. Please create the user account manually when prompted.)
5. Allow DEP to finish setting up the device. The Fleetsmith agent will automatically be downloaded onto the device and apply the apps/settings you've enforced to the Profile the device belongs to.
(This length of this process can vary depending on what settings you choose, network speeds, device tech specs, etc.)