⚡️ Migration Assistant is not supported with Fleetsmith. If you plan to use Migration Assistant to copy documents, apps, user accounts, and other data to transfer to a new device—Fleetsmith must not be present on any of the devices involved in the Migration Assistant transfer. Once the transfer is complete, the devices can be re-enrolled. ⚡️
Using Migration Assistant on a device without properly removing Fleetsmith could result in a bad enrollment state or inaccurate information in the Fleetsmith web app for the devices.
⚠️ Before initiating a Migration Assistant transfer: ⚠️
1. Log into the Fleetsmith web app and click "Devices".
2. Locate and archive the device the device(s) that will be involved in the transfer.
3. After the device(s) are archived, download a Fleetsmith uninstaller and run it on the device(s).
4.On the physical device(s), open "System Preferences" > "Profiles" and manually remove ALL profiles Fleetsmith has installed on the device including the "MDM Configuration" profile.
5. Restart the device(s) after Fleetsmith has been removed.
6. Once Fleetsmith has been completely removed from all devices involved in the Migration Assistant transfer—proceed with the next steps for the transfer.
✨ Once the Migration Assistant is complete, devices can be enrolled/re-enrolled with Fleetsmith. How do I enroll a macOS device?