Apple's Time Machine Backup is not supported with Fleetsmith.
Before performing a Time Machine backup and restore, you need to completely remove Fleetsmith from the device you are backing up to avoid issues when restoring the Time Machine backup to another machine.
To remove Fleetsmith from a device before a Time Machine backup:
1. Log into your Fleetsmith web app.
2. Click "Devices" in the left column and find the device you'd like to perform a Time Machine backup with.
3. Check the box next to the device's name. Click the "Archive device" button. Follow the prompts to archive the device.
4. Once the device is archived in the Fleetsmith web app, download an uninstaller by clicking the Admin's name in the top right hand corner of the screen. Click "Preferences".
5. On the next page, click the "Download uninstaller" button.
6. Transfer the Fleetsmith uninstaller to the device and run it to remove the Fleetsmith agent from the device.
7. Once the Fleetsmith agent is removed from the machine, go to "System Preferences" > "Profiles" and remove the Fleetsmith MDM and any other Fleetsmith associated profiles.
8. Restart the device.
After you finish a Time Machine backup and restore, you can enroll (or re-enroll) your device with the easy steps found here: How do I enroll a macOS device?