⚡️Apple's Time Machine Backup is not supported with Fleetsmith. Before performing a Time Machine backup you must completely remove Fleetsmith from the device. ⚡️
If Fleetsmith is not completely removed from a device before a backup is taken—the Fleetsmith agent and MDM profile could be carried over to the new device. If this happens, the device will be in a bad enrollment state.
⚠️ Before performing a Time Machine backup: ⚠️
1. Log into the Fleetsmith web app and click "Devices".
2. Locate the device that will have the Time Machine backup performed on it.
3. Archive the device by checking the box next to it and clicking the "Archive device" button. Follow the prompts to archive the device.
4. After the device is archived, download a Fleetsmith uninstaller and run it on the device.
5. Next, on the physical device open "System Preferences" > "Profiles" and manually remove ALL profiles Fleetsmith has installed on the device including the "MDM Configuration" profile.
6. Restart the device.
7. Once Fleetsmith is completely removed from the device, proceed with the Time Machine backup.
✨ After the Time Machine backup has been restored on the new device, the device can be re-enrolled with Fleetsmith using the steps here: How do I enroll a macOS device?