To manage an iOS device with iOS Full Management:
1. Select "iOS Full Management" and click "Enroll devices with Configurator":
2. On the next page you will see a guide to "Enroll iOS devices". Follow this guide carefully.
⚠️ To enroll successfully, remember:
- You will have to have your devices on-hand, since some steps can't be done remotely.
- Configurator will erase devices as part of the enrollment process! ⚠️
Enrolling your iOS device is broken down into 8 steps:
4. Create a Blueprint
that will apply to your devices by following these instructions
. Blueprints are saved configuration templates that can be applied to multiple devices.
5. Connect the iOS device(s) you want to manage to your computer via USB. Select the devices you want to manage by clicking on them. Click the Blueprints button and then on the "Fleetsmith Blueprint" you created.
6. Click "Apply" and let Configurator work its magic ✨ (⚠️ Please Note! This is the step in which you will be prompted to erase the device unless the device is brand new or freshly wiped. ⚠️)
Note: It’s important not to touch the device while Configurator is working (even if the device looks ready!) Once complete, the device should appear in Configurator as a fresh device (at the ‘Hello’ screen).
7. Once Configurator has finished, manually proceed through the initial setup screens on the device. When prompted, enter your Wi-Fi credentials, and at the Remote Management screen select Apply configuration.
8. Approve the device once it checks into the Fleetsmith web app. Now it's time to learn how to approve a device in Fleetsmith!