Now it's time to set up Mobile Device Management (MDM)! ⚡️
- Remotely lock devices
- Remotely delete devices
Setup is easy and it only takes a couple of minutes. :)
Not using Fleetsmith Managed? No problem! Setting up MDM is recommended for both Fleetsmith Managed and Fleetsmith Intelligence. By setting up MDM now, you won't need to re-enroll your Fleetsmith Intelligence devices with MDM if you upgrade to Fleetsmith Managed.
Please note: If you are migrating to Fleetsmith from another Device Setup application, you'll first need to remove the existing MDM profile from that application (if installed).
To set up MDM:
1. In the Fleetsmith web app click the blue "Set up MDM" button in the lower left column:
2. Click the "Set up MDM" button on the "MDM & DEP" page:
3. MDM setup is broken up into 3 steps:
4. Start by scrolling down to step one and click the "Download Push CSR" button:
5. Next, visit identity.apple.com/pushcert and sign in using your Apple ID. (Please note: The Apple Push Certificate you'll create needs to remain active as long as you use Fleetsmith. Please use an Apple ID that can be used to renew the certificate as needed.)
6. Once logged in, click "Create a Certificate". When prompted, upload your Certificate Signing Request you downloaded in Step 4.
7. Next, follow the prompts to download an Apple Push Certificate. (Need extra help? Visit How to create a Push Certificate with Apple.)
8. Once you have your Apple Push Certificate, go to Fleetsmith and upload the Push Certificate and click "Complete MDM Setup":