The below steps mimic the Getting Started
steps in your admin console. This guide is intended to help you test Fleetsmith before deploying it to your entire fleet. These instructions assume you are setting up a single test device first. If you'd like to set up Fleetsmith on multiple users' devices to get started, please follow the instructions here
. Already a pro? Take a look at our Deployment Guide.
To get started there are three steps:
- Enroll your device
- Approve your device
- Manage an app or setting
Click the Enroll devices button to begin:
1. Enroll your device
How to set up Full Management (Preferred Method):
1. Ensure Full Management is selected. Click Set up MDM for Full Management:
2. Next you will set up MDM. If you do not already have an Apple ID please set one up. Once you have an Apple ID ready, download the Fleetsmith CSR:
3. Next, follow the steps to create a Push Certificate with Apple:
Choose the fleetsmith-mdm.csr and click Upload:
Download the Push Certificate that was just created:
4. Go to Fleetsmith and upload the Push Certificate:
5. Once you upload the Push Certificate to Fleetsmith, click Complete MDM Setup. Now you're ready to enroll your device!
How to enroll your device:
1. After MDM setup you will be prompted to enroll your device. Select the Enroll my current device box and click Go to enrollment portal:
2. Click the Download Fleetsmith button:
3. Follow the installation instructions:
Your device should now be ready to check in!
2. Check in your device:
On Fleetsmith you should now see that a device is ready to check in:
Check the box next to your device and click Approve & Assign:
Congrats! The device will now show up in your Active Devices:
Check out the device's stats by clicking on the device's Computer Name. A page like this will appear:
3. Manage an app or setting
Now you are ready to manage an app or setting! For this tutorial we will use Slack.
2. Find Slack by searching "Slack" in the search bar field. Then click on the Slack app:
3. On the Slack app page, you’ll see that Slack is not currently managed, because it hasn’t been added to any Profiles:
Ready to deploy Fleetsmith? Head over to our Deployment Guide here.