The best way to convert Partially Managed devices to Fully Managed is to re-enroll them. To do this:
- In Fleetsmith click Devices > Active:
- Click the Partially Managed filter:
- Select the devices you'd like to convert to Fully Managed:
- Click the Email device user button.
- A draft email will appear. You'll notice the templated email explains to your employees why they need to re-enroll by visiting the enrollment portal. Make any needed adjustments and then click Send.
- As employees en-roll their devices, you will see duplicates of the same device on Fleetsmith. On Devices > Pending you will see the notification: "A device has checked in that matches an existing device. Approving it will replace the existing device."
- Approve devices by checking the box next to the employee's Computer Name and clicking Approve & assign. Approve the request to replace the old device. (Any escrowed FileVault 2 keys will get migrated to the newly approved device.)
- You can monitor which devices have successfully re-enrolled on the Devices > Active page.